As we all know that Bollywood industry is a place where lakhs and Lakhs of people newcomers join the waves of Mumbai to try their luck in this huge glamorous industry. But, there are only a few celebrities that have tasted the sweetness of enormous stardom while other’s just fade away and so today we will talk about one of the Bollywood actor Sumeet Saigal, who gained fame and success briefly, and after a short span of his career, he vanished away after the mid-90s.
Read below 10 Unknown Facts about 80s Bollywood Romantic Sensation Sumeet Saigal-
- Sumeet Saigal made his acting debut in the 1987 film Insaniyat Ke Dushman.
- Sumeet charmed girls with his good looks and appealing personality. In the late 80s, the actor was also briefly considered as the heartthrob of Bollywood.
- Sumeet Saigal has given many memorable songs in his career. Especially, his songs like Kali Teri Choti, Mera Laung Gavacha and others were very popular during 80s and 90s.
- Despite being a popular star among girls, Sumeet never had an affair with many girls as he was known as very naive and kind-hearted person.
- In 1990, Sumeet got married to actress Shaheen Banu who is a niece of Saira Banu. The duo has a daughter Sayyeshaa Saigal who recently made a debut in Ajay Devgn’s ‘Shivaay’ in 2016.
- Interestingly, Sumeet’s wife, Shaheen was the first alleged girlfriend of none other than Salman Khan. They dated each other before Salman made his entry into the industry.
- After having a brief marriage with Shaheen, Sumeet and Shaheen got divorced in 1997.
- In 2003, Sumeet got married second time with his co-star actress Farah Naaz. The duo shares a good relationship with each other
- After working in around 30 films, Sumeet started his production company ‘Sumeet Arts’ which dubs South Indian films into Hindi.
- Notably, after 12 years out of the limelight, Sumeet Saigal directed the music video for a song featured in the film ‘Red: The Dark Side’ in 2007. In 2010, he produced the horror film Rokkk starring Udita Goswami and Tanushree Dutta.